Friday, February 3, 2012

MAKING RAINBOWDASH! :D

So in my spare time I decided to put my newly found photoshop knowledge to use and made RAINBOWDASH! A colorful pony from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (shown below)


The first thing I had to do is get a picture of the cartoon, then a picture of a real-life pony and find a pair of wings that were about the right size and shape that I wanted. I chose swan wings and the very adorable pony (shown below) that my brother says looks like a dog. Then put them all in photoshop or photoshop elements

Next thing you have to do is make different layers, one with the wings, another with the pony. You use the eraser button to erase everything around the wings to make them look like they're on the horse. Then go to the picture of he cartoon and use your color grabber tool, it looks like a eye drop thingy or one of those things you use to take medicine with. Grab the color you want to color the horse with then go to the picture of your horse. Click on your paintbrush tool then change its setting to "color" go over the area with the paintbrush.

Keep doing this till all the colors you want are on the pony, then go to the layer with the wings and do the same thing.

AND THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE A REAL-LIFE MY LITTLE PONY :D

If I were to do this again, I'd probably make the wings bigger, color the highlights a little more, small stuff. But I love the picture and it was ubber fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment